Sunday, November 06, 2005

Rambling

I posted earlier about a condition I suffer from, CRS Syndrome. (Can't Remember Stuff Syndrome for any of you who FORGOT!)

I have had a couple of syndrome-related incidents recently.

The electric company called me a few days ago and said they would like a check along with their payment stub.

Also, the other day I got in someone else's car at the post office. There was someone in the passenger seat. This older woman was a little surprised, as was her husband, who was right behind me, probably ready to tackle me for stealing his car and kidnapping his wife.

The sad thing is that there were only 2 cars in the parking lot, my minivan and this 4-door sedan. It was a little tough explaining how I confused the two. I finally just walked off mumbling something about, "sorry I'm stupid..."

And on a completely different topic, I had an interesting dream last night.

I was at a Starbucks waiting in line to order a double americano. After waiting a really long time, this pissy jr.high kid finally waited on me. After leaving with my cup, I discovered all it had in it were some ice cubes.

So I got back in line. I explained to the kid how to make an americano, 2 shots of espresso in a tall cup then filled with hot water. He thought I was trying to rip him off so he wouldn't make it for me.

Finally the manager, a middle-aged lady, came in, and she was willing to make me an americano. But she put it in a styrofoam bowl. So I left all frustrated, trying to drink my coffee out of a styrofoam bowl, like a cat.


Don't bother trying to interpret that. :)

I'll be back with more important stuff later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making me feel like I am in good company!

Peace,
Jamie

Cindy said...

I think Robby needs to personally address your starbucks issues! It's one thing to pay $4 for coffee. It's another to pay it for ice in a cup with bad service!

I don't suppose there was anyone around with a video camera at the post office. You could win something for that.

David Cho said...

Absent minded professor! You are in good company.

Anonymous said...

Well now I don't know if I am good company but I do forget things too. If you put us together then we would be wandering fools. Definitely needed this great laugh today! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I don't have CRS but I do have C-FOSS, which is, Can't Focus On Stuff Syndrome.

This can be quite traumatic and I love Starbucks too, I just discovered their Chai Latte and now I'm drinking gallons of the stuff, even though it's a little sweet and I never tried to get in anyone else's car like that.

Linda said...

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been away so long. It's been a crazy week.

Why doesn't it surprise me that all of you deep thinkers could relate to this? :)