Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday Meme

Tagged by my friend Cindy.

Here's a little trivia about me:

Ten years ago
I was recovering from extreme toddlerhood. We were finally done with years of diapers and baby car seats.

Five years ago
I was at the peak of my church-centered existence, heavily involved in teaching, ministry, counseling, leadership, and tons of meetings.

One year ago
I was struggling to recover from spiritual abuse. I was learning how to deal with rejection - blatant rejection, shunning, subtle rejection, and skads of friends who were suddenly "busy".

Five yummy things
Pizza
Pasta
Ice cream
Tiramisu, creme brulee, most desserts
Coffee

Five songs I know by heart
most old hymns
lots of worship choruses
my favorite pop songs from the 60's, 70's, and 80's
my current favorite Christian songs

Five things I would do with a lot of money
Retire myself and hubby
Maybe start a new business and help the kids get established in businesses
Travel
Either finish remodeling or build a new house
Explore mission opportunities

Five places I would escape to
the coffee shop
the mall
a spa resort
Europe
my mom's house

Five things I would never wear
jeans too low (I saw an extreme example of this in KMart yesterday with a couple of inches of exposed "cleavage".
Just say NO to crack!)
skirts and shorts too high (even if you CAN, it doesn't mean you should, especially after 40)
denim jumpers
shirts with cutesy pictures or sayings
cowboy boots

Five favorite TV shows
(mostly oldies)
Family Ties
Mad About You
LA Law
Sisters
ER

Five things I enjoy doing
Reading
Blogging
Shopping
Playing games with my kids
Visiting with friends over coffee, wine, or margaritas

Favorite toys
Computer
Books
Puzzles, jigsaw puzzles and I do a daily sudoku puzzle
Jewelry, clothes, and shoes
The machines at the gym

Five people who get this meme
Do it if you want.
I would enjoy reading your answers and learning a little more about you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent to learn more about you. I sense Italian in there... Thanks for sharing!

Peace,
Jamie

lori said...

hi grace,

came over to visit this week via scott's blog, on the day you wrote about masks. a friend and i sat at the computer gaping, pointing and exclaiming - 'hey! that's me!', as we read.

having always sort of poo-pooed 'the mask' stuff as cliche - it was great to read something so relevant and applicable.

the spiritual abuse stuff was fascinating too. we've been through several church breakups over the years - and have seen what you're talking about happen many times.

thanks. it was great to find you here.

lori said...

ps. i quoted some stuff you wrote. hope that's ok.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed getting to know you with this little bit of trivia. I did it on my blog. enjoy!

Cindy said...

Thanks Grace. What if shirt said, "Don't make me get my flying monkeys"?

I saw one somewhere and regret not getting it. I'm going to have one made one day.

Linda said...

Jamie,
I am 100 percent dutch, with an appreciation for italian food. :)

Lori,
I love meeting new friends on the blog. I'll be over to visit your site. I don't mind you quoting me. Thanks.

jen,
I'm looking forward to seeing your answers also.

Cindy,
As long as you don't wear it under a denim jumper with cowboy boots. :)

Cindy said...

As long as you don't wear it under a denim jumper with cowboy boots. :)

sounds like a dare to me!

Linda said...

Cindy,
Go for it!!!
Be sure to post a picture.

Anonymous said...

Okay...someone else who LOVES Tiramisu!!!! My favorite dessert in the Universe. 10 years ago we had a 5, 3 and 1 month old!!!! Wow, that was forever ago. Funny, five years ago I was also at my "peak" as far as "church-centered" existence goes.

Fun reading!!! Peace.