Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Good Fight - 2

Revolution begins with a vision.
The principles of revolution are self-sacrifice and dedication to the cause.

What is the cause for the men and women of God?
1. A call to follow Jesus by life or death.
2. A vision to impact the next generation.

To the revolutionary, the cause is worth dying for, and nothing else is worth living for. I am reminded of the saying, "You claim you would die for Christ, but will you live for Him?"

What do you see in the lives of the people of God?
Are they full of freedom and passion for the Kingdom?
Or have they lost heart? Are they captives of despair, disillusionment, or even boredom?

Is their mate deeply grateful for how well they are loved?
Are their children secure in their love?

What is the condition of our kingdom, the things God has entrusted to us?

Some day we will have to give an account for what has been entrusted to us, for whether we have affected our family in a positive way. We impart what we are, not what we talk about. This is why it is absolutely vital that we fight for the wholeness and redemption that are our inheritance in Christ.

In the kingdom of God, to lead is to come under others, serving and building, to put their needs above our own. At the heart of making others feel valuable, loved, and accepted is a decision to honor them above ourselves. This is only possible to the degree that our hearts are healed and our needs fulfilled by the love of Christ.

5 comments:

Bob said...

Ugh, Grace.

Fight. Give account. Entrusted to us. Our Cause.

If you see despair, disillusionment, boredom, loss of heart, what could it spring from? Perhaps being told that they were called to give it all--when deep inside they know there's always more they need to give. That they will have to give account--when dark secrets lurk behind every thought. Or they were asked if they are making a positive impact--when they realize the "impact" they "make" turns out making themselves feel better than the other.

I dunno. Maybe I should just keep quiet on this one.

What is the "cause" of the men and women of God?

1. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
2. Behold I am making all things new.

Now that is GOOD news. This fight stuff? Not so much.

It is in the life we find in him that we are made truly free from the burdens that courage and "making a difference" are laid down.

Anonymous said...

Grace
I'm not reading between the lines.
I feel that what you're saying here is what life is all about.

It's good.

Linda said...

Bob,
I hope you know that I respect you, and I have seriously considered your comments.

I think we probably agree more than it seems, and of course it would be better to have this conversation over a cup of coffee.

I understand what you are saying about the tone. The message was issued as a challenge, yet if anyone knows me, they know that performance is the last thing that I am about. (thus the name grace):)

I agree with you that despair and hopelessness have many people in a frustrated existence in their Christian walk. Part of that frustration is that their relationships are a mess.

The challenge is to not settle for the brokenness in our lives and relationships.

Yes, the love of Christ is what will bring lasting transformation to our life. Can we earn that love? Absolutely not!

For many people though finding their way into that relational acceptance is a fight to detach themselves from the lies and hurts that the enemy has laid upon them. This is the fight that takes courage and intentionality.

Ideally we would all be quickly transformed as we grow in the love of Christ. Realistically, many people are stuck and hindered from even accessing that love and being transformed by it.

I understand your frustration with the language and I agree to a point which is why I changed the title and edited the previous post.

I hope that you will trust that my heart is for freedom and wholeness and not for further bondage, guilt, and performance.

As always, I appreciate your thoughts.

Rhonda,
Thanks for the encouragement, really!

Bob said...

Grace,

I know your heart is for freeing the hearts and minds (and souls) of others. Guess I just have some baggage...

Thanks for your patience as I share my thoughts (and unintentionally share my wounds).

Linda said...

Thanks Bob, and I really have appreciated your comments. I understand if this series doesn't necessarily hit you where you are at, but I hope that it will be helpful to those who can identify with it.