When Julie first discussed the possibility of switching to wordpress, I decided to check into it also. The easiest way to explore having a blog there was to actually set one up.
Blogger can handle most anything that I want to do on a blog, so I can't really explain why I would move except that I'm just ready for a change. In fact, the things that I can do fairly adeptly with blogger I have trouble accomplishing at wordpress. But hey, learning is good, right?
I set up a wordpress-hosted blog, which is my preference. So far, I have the theme and design arranged in a way that I like. One of my favorite features is the ability to have pages. But I haven't decided yet if I should pull the trigger and make the switch.
Here are the questions that you can help me with:
1. What are the things that will potentially frustrate me working with wordpress in comparison to blogger?
2. Should I make a clean break and a fresh start, or should I import everything from this blog to the new one?
3. Do I have anything else to say? Should I continue to write simply as a person trying to make sense of this journey? What can my voice contribute to the conversation?
4. Somewhat related to the first question, what are the limitations of wordpress that I might encounter?
5. Any style, design advice, opinions, favorite features, etc?
I'm all ears!