Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Good Fight - Intro

I got distracted. I've been off fighting a war to which I wasn't invited.

On a more positive note...

The issues of this week reminded me that quite a few years ago, I gave a sermon directed at men that had a warrior slant to it.

Today I pulled out my outline to remember what it said. There are some cringe-worthy parts, some things that I view differently now, but there are also some themes and messages that still ring true to me.

There are quite a few things that I would like to share and discuss here. I would like to post portions of that message in blog-size pieces and hopefully will be able to keep both your interest and mine.

What place do I have speaking about men and masculinity? While my message was directed at men, I think that it applies to all of us. The heart of the message is becoming free to be the person that God created you to be.

I hope you enjoy the series and find something of value to you.

2 comments:

Lily said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets mysteriously distracted when I start a series.

Looking forward to it.

Linda said...

Thanks Lily. I almost changed my mind already.