Dear emerging church critics,
After reading your stuff, I'd like to make a few recommendations:
1. Emerging is not a denomination. Attempts to categorically define and label the people, theology, churches, and books that are associated with emerging as a systemized organization are pointless. I know that this is frustrating to you, but until you accept this fact, all of the arguments you set forth will be circular.
2. If you want to be taken seriously, I recommend that you take a specific instance or quote and explain your reasons for disagreement. Refrain from applying that specific incident to everyone associated with emerging church.
3. You cannot fairly critique something that you are already biased against. I understand that you believe you are wise and impartial, however, your bias and lack of understanding of this subject are obvious.
4. When you conclude that we have no regard for the Bible, we will no longer listen to you.
5. When you assume that our theology is suspect and all of your comments come from that standpoint, we will not listen to you.
6. We don't care what you think about Brian McClaren. Really.
7. When you are ready to consider us as your brothers and sisters in Christ, who have a deep love of God and appreciation for His Word, then we have a basis for conversation.
That's all for now.