Friday, October 21, 2005

One Step At A Time

The following quote from Scott Berkhimer about the General Orthodoxy Conference helped put things in perspective for me:

Big idea from the weekend - start small. (Ironic, I suppose. ;) Seriously - I think a lot of us find the thought of getting started at Kingdom-work to be intimidating. There are so many needs, and we're so overwhelmed with life as it is. Brian mentioned something refreshing and hopeful about seasons in our lives. We can't always participate in big ways. At the moment, my Kingdom focus has to include my call to raise two (soon to be three) little boys into men. But I can make space for small things, and hopefully do so in ways that the boys can participate as well.

1 comment:

freethoughtguy said...

Just take it day-by-day!